Rev Bruce Spencer has been pastor at Jervis Bay Baptist church since May 2011. He believes in the ministry of all believers and sees his role as supporting, enabling and encouraging people in the ministry we all do together.
The Vision Team is to be a mature, reflective and consultative body of people who guide and encourage the Church by developing and supporting the Guiding Principles of the Church. These include:
- Direction Principles - tell us where we are going, and include a concise mission statement [why we exist] and a handful of key components which have measurable goals.
- Boundary Principles – provide the limitations the Pastoral Team Leader must work within to achieve the Direction Principles.
The Vision Team shall ensure that the governance of the Church is healthy.
Manages things including
- union and
- general administration.
Cares for people
- the hospitalised and sick,
- those in crisis or in acute or chronic need,
- those in disunity with the fellowship,
- those in spiritual danger and
- people new to the church
Mission and Ministry Team
Creates and resources ministry. Focused on :
- Assess, encourage, resource and grow existing ministries
- Develop new ministry initiatives
- Maintain the mission focus of the church in the local community
- Community relations and promotion
- Connecting new Christians into the life of the church.